The pay range for this position ranges from $23.82/hr - $26.28/hr
This is a experienced level position to work in the Maintenance Electric and HVAC Trade. Applicants will be assigned any M21 trade function with limited assistance from a more experienced M21, including (but not limited to):
- Perform electrical hook-ups, repairs, and operational testing of Manufacturing Machinery and Plant Electrical Distribution Systems throughout BIW Facilities
- Work will be performed within National Electrical Code and BIW safety guidelines.
– High School Diploma or GED.
– Minimum 1 year Technical or Vocational training in electrical trade.
– Universal Refrigeration license preferred
– NFPA 70E certification
– Licensed Journeyman or Master
– Control System Certification (ISA or equivalent)
- Must meet M21 Physical task analysis
- Must be able to work at Heights and in Confined spaces
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience performing industrial/commercial installations, motor control wiring, and power hook-up within NEC requirements
- must be able to understand and read controls electrical schematics and one-line diagrams of Power Distribution Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a digital/analog test equipment i.e.., Oscilloscopes, Data logging testing equipment and other electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Demonstrated and clear understanding of the National Electrical Code through five years of practical application
- Ability to troubleshoot motor controls, power panels, transformers, lighting systems, and grounding
- must be able to troubleshoot and repair of CNC equipment
- Demonstrated Knowledge of PLC's and VFD's
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC programming in Ladder Logic and Function Block, with laptop computer
- Working/ Demonstrated knowledge of Medium Voltage terminations and troubleshooting.
– Previous experience troubleshooting AC/DC crane controls
– Working/ Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC equipment repair and troubleshooting preferred