Provide strategic departmental based technical and resource management and development for Pipe Fitting activities and staff through all construction stages.
- Develop and oversee deck plate training programs to bolster new hire development.
- Support hiring, training and mentorship of new and existing Supervisors.
- Lead the execution of all pipe fitting activities to support ship construction schedules.
- Provide technical guidance, deck plate training, and oversight to Pipe Fitting Assistant Superintendents and develop consistent management across areas.
- Monitor quality and quantity of work being performed. Identify and report systemic issues that can be evaluated and corrections implemented.
- Collaborate with trade and area management in an effort to assign resources and resolve department deck plate issues.
- Accept joint responsibility with area management for trade cost and schedule performance.
- Identify drivers of negative cost and schedule performance and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Work with supporting division POC’s to execute trade value stream projects.
High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/management experience in a pipe fitting environment required.
- Excellent administrative skills: effective interpersonal skills, demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving/decision making, conflict resolution, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict and multiple priorities.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System preferred.