The 2nd Shift Test Superintendent is responsible for the execution of the test program off of 1st shift. Responsibilities are for DDG 1000 and DDG 51 Class warships. Safety of personnel and equipment is paramount. The 2nd Shift Test Superintendent reports to the Chief Superintendent - Tests and Trials and will:
• Ensure all test and activation activities are conducted safely and in accordance with approved procedures.
• Coordinate test activities between shifts
• Work closely with counterparts in other BIW departments/divisions in problem solving and technical issue resolution.
• Work closely with the hull management team to coordinate test and construction activities
• Manage the activities of all trade working test activities outside of 1st shift
• Develop and maintain test schedules and resource plans
• Facilitate proficiency development of test mechanics and operators
• Foster and maintain a culture of safety in the workplace
• BS degree in Engineering and 10 years experience in a marine Manufacturing, Engineering or Maintenance Support organization.
• General computer skills, including competence with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based data management tools.
• Problem resolution and root cause identification skills
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to work multiple priorities and be flexible
• Experience with scheduling and cost tracking software
• Well developed aural and written presentation skills
• Able to obtain Secret clearance
• Able to maintain organization in the dynamic environment of ship construction and testing.
• Physically able to move safely through all areas of the ships.