Develop, implement, and manage the process for utilizing and allocating space within external areas in the shipyard. Focus includes managing space for unit storage, material laydown, facilities projects, and portable storage structures. Position also is responsible for working with Planning to coordinate unit moves and to ensure they are accomplished efficiently.
Responsibilities also include the following:
• Coordinate efforts with Operations representatives who have housekeeping responsibilities for facilities throughout the shipyard.
• Research and recommend infrastructure improvement plans with return on investment (ROI) calculations to justify expenditures.
• Ensure actions are consistent with Lean Six Sigma and OpEx policies.
• Communicate plans and progress to all levels of Management on a regular basis. Work with Operations and Facilities management to establish the process for maintaining future state visions for each major area of the main shipyard.
• Develop detailed plans to progress from current to future state in each area of the main yard.
• High School Diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• LEAN/Six Sigma training preferred.
• Familiarity with OpEx preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the BIW Main Yard required.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of project management experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of material management processes and systems preferred.
• Excellent administrative skills: effective interpersonal skills, strong, demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving/decision making, conflict resolution, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter that is confident interacting with managers throughout the Shipyard.