The Trade Training Coordinator ensures that accurate, quality, trade specific classroom and hands on training is provided to all new hires to prepare them to safely perform the essential functions of their trade. Direct over site of all O04 mechanics to ensure that they meet the requirements outlined on the Basic skills matrix and keep it updated. Work with trade front line supervisors and assistant superintendents on the specific training needs of each mechanic assigned.
This job includes, but is not limited to, working at all Bath Iron Works training Facilities with the responsibilities of developing and delivering training modules on the following topics:
• Trade specific safety practices
• Trade tools, jigs and machine operations
• Trade terminology
• Trade related documentation (e.g., work orders, drawings, sketches, revision notices, DOIs)
This job also includes:
• Monitor trade training delivery to ensure quality instruction
• Provide input for the 120 and 240 hour probationary employee evaluations.
• Conduct musters and account for trainees.
• Establish Training Schedules
• Develop assessment processes
• Document all training in LMS
• High school or GED diploma required
• Graduate apprentice preferred
• Manufacturing trade experience required.
• Combination of education and training experience preferred.
• Good computer knowledge/experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
• Supervisory experience preferred