IT Business Process Manager:
Acts as the primary conduit between BIW business units and BIW Information Technology (IT). Responsible for fostering and ensuring alignment between IT and the BIW organizations. Collaborates with the business leads to develop justification in support of IT projects. Participates in, or facilitates, business process modeling, requirements definition, vendor evaluation, and solution research and development efforts. Acts as an IT consultant to the business units and reviews all related documents for IT projects and enhancements.
Acts as the IT lead with the business units by:
* Opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with IT,
* Provides an IT single point of contact for business units into IT and acts as a conduit between the organizations,
* Perform as the primary Governance role for IT Service request evaluation and entry into the IT Organization
* Makes recommendations for process and product enhancements
* Manages business unit expectations of IT
* Function as the primary liaison between BIW business divisions and BIW IT. This involves establishing strong working relationships with the business, and gaining an understanding their strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. Then working with, and potentially leading, the IT support to bring technology and process improvements to improve the business unit’s capabilities.
* Participates with BIW business units in the long range strategic planning for technology implementations for BIW.
* Benchmark IT best practice with industry consultants and GD business units.
* Work within the IT and BIW Cyber frameworks to develop actionable IT initiatives, such as projects, product upgrades, functional improvements, and system run and maintain support.
* Function as the primary Governance role for business unit requests for IT support.
* May be called on to function as a project lead, or IT lead for a bid & proposal effort
* Support IT work primarily in the main shipyard in Bath and its other manufacturing locations in Brunswick
* Manage BIW’s technology suppliers to ensure trained and competent staffs are available to support BIW.
* This is primarily a first shift position, with some limited required communication and support across other shifts.
* Present clear and concise business case recommendations to all levels of BIW management
* Function within an environment where teaming and collaboration are critical success factors. Resources needed to accomplish work for your customer will not report to you directly.
BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Four to six years’ experience with engineering, business operations, or systems development required.
Shipbuilding or manufacturing experience preferred
Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills.
Proficiency in the use of technology and computer systems required.