* Design, implement, and maintain operation of diverse databases and environments.
* Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
* Conducts performance tuning of indexes, optimization of storage functionality (i.e. compression techniques), and databases in general.
* Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery, clones, and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
* Maintains database security and integrity controls.
* Formulates and implements policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
* Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to re-platform mission critical user developed data bases to improve stability and reliability.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/certification
* 4 years of work experience in an IT environment preferred.
* Database experience with SQLServer, MS Access, Oracle db
* Ability to demonstrate and understand/create VBA code required
* Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
* Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
* Experience with database architectural concepts and best practices
* Familiarity with high end Excel capabilities , ex: formulas, macros, automation
* Ability to collect, create, and adhere to detailed documentation
* Demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently communicate
* Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) concepts
* Ability to work individually or as part of a team
* Some Overtime or off hours work will be required
* Must be competent in MS Office products
* Ability to adapt quickly to change in day to day work priorities