The pay for this position ranges from $23.82/hr to $26.28/hr.
This is an experienced level position to work within the Marine Electrical Trade. Applicants may be assigned to a variety of E02 tasks, including (but not limited to): fabrication, lay-out, and installation of foundations (using welding equipment); layout and installation of wire-ways; installation of electrical equipment; installation of cables; banding of cables to wire-ways; packing of cable penetrations; cut-in and hookup of cables to equipment; verification of installations. Applicants must be able to perform this work in all areas of the shipyard to include shipboard, in production buildings, on the LLTF, in the dry dock, or on ships in the water.
Preferred - High School Diploma or GED.
Required - At least one of the following:
• Two years of prior electrician experience with formal on the job training;
• Possess a Journeyman or Master electrical license;
• A graduate of an electrical trade school;
• Possess an associate’s degree (or higher) in electrical studies;
• Successful completion of electrical military schooling (“A” school);
• Graduate Electrical Apprentice.
Required - Experience with the use of hand, power, and pneumatic tools.
Required - Experience reading and using blueprints, including ability to perform basic layout and simple math calculations.
Required - Minimum 2 years prior experience working in an electrical related field.
Required - Must meet and perform to the requirements of the E02 Physical Task Analysis.
Preferred - Experience in an industrial or shipbuilding environment.