- Provide technical and project leadership for main propulsion machinery shipboard equipment and systems (gas turbine and diesel engines, propellers, waterjets, reduction gears, steering gears, shafting, seals and generator sets etc.).
- Develop and maintain equipment technical purchase specifications, diagrams and calculations. Support ship construction activities, including ship testing, system activation and sea trials.
- Interface with customers (Navy, Manufacturing, Detail Design, Procurement, QA, etc) to resolve technical issues, recommend changes and maintain technical documentation.
- Develop, document and present technical position on requirements compliance issues related to design and construction within assigned area of cognizance.
- Create CAE models that simulate ship system designs, and perform analysis and calculations using CAE applications.
- Participate on or lead integrated product and process teams.
- Develop and define ship system engineering requirements and relate them to top level performance requirements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering from an ABET accredited university or college.
- MS degree and/or PE license preferred.
- 5 years experience (3yrs for Eng III) in main propulsion machinery and auxiliary systems required. Shipboard applications preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at giving technical presentations at group meetings. Demonstrated experience to lead technical projects.
- Windows and CAE (i.e. Pro/E, Pro/M, FEA, CFD software) experience highly desirable.
- Project management and coordination skills: ability to plan, organize and execute projects; ability to handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed