This role engages in the support, development and delivery of programs and projects within the Human Resources division. The generalist acts as an integral partner in the development and execution of BIW’s HR framework.
• Actively support recruitment: posting job openings, scheduling interviews, assisting others with setting up requisitions, filing, delivering paperwork, and other clerical duties on an as needed basis
• Offers supplemental support for Professional Development, Internship/Co-Op, and other Organizational Development programs.
• Works on multiple projects with the ability to be flexible.
• Assist in internal audits, standard procedure reviews and special projects
• Additional duties will be assigned in support of other HR Services areas
• Associates degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration required
• Three years of Human Resource experience required; three years of Recruitment experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Demonstrated Project Management Skills
• Experience in customer services required
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Previous HRIS experience preferred
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Able to prioritize daily workloads
• Must be very organized and detailed oriented