Obsolescence management includes identifying issues resulting from obsolescence, loss of manufacturing sources, or material shortages; assessing the potential for negative impacts on ship schedule and/or readiness; analyzing potential mitigation strategies; and implementing the most cost-effective solution.
The obsolescence team promotes affordable and efficient program support through rapid and cost-effective obsolescence management best practices and resolutions taking equipment life cycles, technology changes, and planned obsolescence into account.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing proactive and reactive obsolescence management and support services for the LCS Planning Yard to mitigate program supply chain risks and increase logistics readiness.
• Investigating, evaluating and developing recommended corrective actions to address component or system replacement needs through existing material sourcing, identifying suitable substitutes or resolution through assembly or system redesign
• Working with government warfare centers to facilitate reactive and proactive obsolescence solution implementation
• Establishing and maintaining work procedures and case management metrics to measure obsolescence management plan effectiveness
• Providing obsolescence prediction capability through pro-active system health reviews
• Providing LCS Modernization plan input, supporting risk assessments and reviewing change documentation for obsolescence impact
• Obsolescence experience or familiarization with SD-22 Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages
• Knowledge of Planning Yard functions preferred
• Knowledge of LCS Class ships and/or shipboard systems: Aviation, Combat Systems (CS), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, & Intelligence (C4I), and/or Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (H,M&E) preferred
• Supply chain management, warehouse or Integrated Logistics Support experience preferred
• Preferred familiarity with One Touch, Haystack, LogiQuest, Supportability Management Assessment Report Tool (SMART), Obsolescence Management Information Systems (OMIS) and/or Configuration Data Managers Database - Open Architecture (CDMD-OA)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop and implement solutions to technical issues
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, coupled with an ability to work independently and/or as a contributing member of a team required
• Demonstrated ability to schedule and facilitate meetings with General Dynamics and Government Team, including development of presentations
• Must be highly motivated and organized with proven ability to frame up issues and provide resolution options
• Must have the ability to present effective and concise oral and written communications to a broad range of customers and facilitate discussions with Navy customer, Procurement, Engineering or suppliers to resolve technical issues
• Must have strong problem-solving abilities and research skills