The BIW Security team is currently seeking an experienced individual to serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO). The selected individual will report to the Director of Security, and will manage, implement and communicate government and corporate security policies and procedures.
The FSO will interface with Defense Security Service (DSS) on security clearance matters, rulings, and interpretations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and execution of all assigned classified contracts to ensure protection of sensitive and proprietary information, assets and employees.
• Enforce security requirements of applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), National Industrial Security Program Operational Manual (NISPOM), security directives, DoD 5200-1R, and National Security Agency (NSA) Manual 3-16.
• Establish appropriate government documentation for closed areas storing information and computer systems at the classified level.
• Manage personnel security program, duties entailed accomplishing, reviewing, approving, and submitted SCI and SAP nomination packages in accordance with customer requirements.
• Review coordinate and publish (amend as needed) security program governance documentation e.g. policies, procedures, and Standard Practice Procedures (SPP)s manuals.
• Brief senior management on the status of the Facility Security Program.
• Maintain Facility Clearance Level status/documentation in ISFD and e-FCL and Personnel Clearance Levels (PCL); performs maintenance of appropriate and accurate security folders.
• Accomplish security self-assessments, Clean desk audits, and DSS Vulnerability Assessments.
• Assist Export Control department with International Traffic in Arms Regulations documentation.
• Establish Technology Control Plans (TCP) for foreign visitors when visits are required.
• Define, update, maintain and produce reports from Department of Defense security clearance system of record.
• Validate the personnel security clearance of new personnel. If required, initiate action for the proper investigation to be conducted.
• Develop and administer security education, training and awareness program to cleared personnel, advise personnel of the adverse effects to national security that could result from unauthorized disclosure, and of their personal, moral, and legal responsibility to protect classified information within their knowledge, possession or control.
• Conduct briefing/debriefing of individuals requiring access, as required.
• Brief and authorize courier orders and cards for classified levels.
• Maintain an ongoing security education program, e.g. design updates to annual online training, publish security awareness notices, and participate in Security Awareness venues.
• Aid in development and dissemination of Insider Threat Awareness program as required by the NISPOM.
• Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
• Process outgoing visit authorizations for personnel assigned to contracts that require cleared access.
• Communicate security requirements during proposal efforts.
• Conduct reviews of and recommends modifications to Prime DD Form 254s and Visitor Group Security Agreements (VGSA).
• Prepare DD-254 documentation and appropriate security guidance for subcontractors.
• Prepare Facility Clearance (FCL) Sponsorship documentation for subcontractors requiring new FCLs.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years or prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must possess a broad knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Minimum of an active Top Secret security clearance.
• Must possess current Defense Security Service (DSS) FSO Certification.
• Individual must be experienced in working with a dynamic work environment, supporting several tasks at once, with potential for short deadlines.
• Experienced as a COMSEC Custodian.
• Working knowledge of Information System Security Manager duties.