Responsible for all aspects of trade planning and production control for planning yard work completed in fabrication (Hardings and EBMF). Work with planning yard counterparts on requests for proposals. Compile information needed for plant management to accept new work. Maintain detail status of all planning yard work orders throughout the entire work order life cycle. Communicate that status back to the planning yard program office. Expedite and maintain accuracy of production forecasts to complete planning yard work.
High School Graduate or equivalent with minimum of (2-3) years of work experience in shipyard or other construction environment; or Bachelor's degree in technical field required.
• Blue print reading.
• Manufacturing Standards.
• MACPAC (or equivalent MRP system).
• Stage of Construction breakdown and philosophy.
• Basic Build Strategy Concepts.
• Planning processes.
• Earned Value Management.
• Six Sigma Methodologies..
• Bill of Material analysis.
• Development of detailed plans and schedules.
• Build Strategy application during the planning process.
• Correction of technical conflicts between Engineering, Materials, and Production.
• With supervision, assess impact of late material, schedule changes, and manpower requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Information Technology: Visual Basic, MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Project Management software
• Interpersonal working relationships, with emphasis on cooperation and teamwork.