Primary tasks include: Project Lead and procedural oversight of Configuration Management(CM) and Data Management(DM) for DDG 51 Life Cycle Engineering (LCE)
Typical responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Participate in various special projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain various LCE, and CMDM metric reports
- Support DDG 51 class and LCS class Program Review efforts through various metrics and data mining efforts
- Develop and maintain process and procedure documentation
- Support IT efforts with the data conversion, data management, and process improvements
- Expedite and monitor CMDM contract deliverables in coordination with PMO & LCE teams
- Support various DDG, LCS, DDX Planning Yard salary roles as a backup
- Back-up to the CMDM Supervisor
BS or AS degree in a technical field, a graduate of BIW's apprenticeship Program with 3-5 years of Shipbulding experience or a minimum of 5 years of Planning Yard experience.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft products; specifically Excel and Access is required
- Strong knowledge of Planning Yard processes
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work independently
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and organizational skill required, plus ability to troubleshoot problems and develop/implement cost effective solutions