This Sr. Project Manager Position reports to the VP of Engineering and is responsible for business operations for the division, including interface with all department heads and cost analysts.
• Coordination of engineering division (direct labor) resource planning and reporting, including summary level variance reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Provide guidance and oversight for engineering division EAC (Estimate at Complete) development and submittal. Work with department heads and cost analysts. Provide summary level EAC reports to department heads and VP Eng. Manage the engineering division EAC review process.
• Provide oversight and review of engineering earned value management analysis. Support program and functional managers including variance analysis and recommendations.
• Review engineering division monthly CPR variance reports. Provide feedback and corrective actions to department heads and cost analysts.
• Manage and monitor division business volume goals and provide variance analysis and corrective action.
• Develop monthly plan performance presentation of quarterly business volume and resource plans (lock down plans). Include program management and engineering division leads.
• Develop and maintain engineering division resource management reports for lost time and overtime. Provide forecast analysis and insight to current trends including corrective action plans.
• Management and oversight of all engineering estimating standards and scoping processes. Coordinate with the estimating department and program office as required.
General engineering leadership:
Participate in working groups and steering committees involving broad-level process and systems development.
• Participate and support company performance on LYS work to NAVSEA at regular program reviews.
• In conjunction with Engineering and BIW Company goals, determine top priorities for process development and continuous process improvement.
• Communicate business and technical needs, status, results and observations to all levels of management.
• Analyze current processes and define process improvement project candidates.
• Lead process improvement projects to improve engineering quality, reduce costs, and enhance productivity.
• Coordinate with process development colleagues across the company, in other GD Business Units and in Industry to ensure best practices are known and employed.
BS Degree in Engineering, Business, or other related field, or combination of experience and education required.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in Business, Accounting or Finance, Program/Project Management or Engineering required
• Thorough knowledge of financial planning and forecasting required
• Proven ability to visualize, organize and plan complex projects
• Demonstrated leadership skills to foster a constructive and motivated teamwork environment
• Thorough knowledge of Earned Value Management.
• Broad knowledge of ship design, construction, repair and alteration.
• Experience in dealing with the Navy on a working level, including NAVSEA, Ship's Force, SUPSHIPS and other Navy Agencies preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral