Assist in the execution of our Lean Manufacturing strategy through implementation of lean principles and concepts that focus on elimination of waste and non-value added activities:
• Plan and develop policies, procedures, run rules, and long-term operational requirements that foster a commitment to Lean and its principles;
• Provide leadership, mentoring and support for green belts and process improvement team leaders;
• Identify and execute cross-functional cost reduction projects ("black belt projects");
• Support the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) program in all facets - including Lean Six Sigma, Process Improvement Initiatives, Shipbuilder Initiatives, etc.
• Provide employees with technical direction, management direction, and adequate training to ensure consistent quality and efficiency through job knowledge;
• Report to management, customers, and vendors to monitor project status and to coordinate work activities;
• Ensure quality and timeliness of work and completion within budget;
• Support and administer labor contract and ensure safety regulations;
• Effectively communicate with employees, management and professional personnel to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and high productivity;
• Plan, organize, and deliver education and training on Lean Manufacturing across all operations departments and areas.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 10 years' experience in ship construction (preferred) and/or manufacturing environment required.
• Working experience in dealing with a union and/or understanding of current contract preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict and multiple priorities required.
• Significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required. Experience with Project, and Access preferred.
Working knowledge of and/or experience in part/all of the following lean principles is required: 5-S, Value Stream Mapping, Pull Systems, Lean Quality, Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis, Single Minute Exchange of Dies, Just-In-Time, Employee Empowerment, Employee Lean Recognition, Cellular Manufacturing, Reducing Manufacturing Cycle Time, executing Kaizen Events.
Additional skills, include:
• Strong written communication skills required.
• High energy level, positive perspective, teamwork skills and results oriented.
• Strong analytical and project management skills and ability to develop and apply business process metrics.
• Effective leadership and facilitation skills required.