Permanent position located in San Diego, CA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acting in a liaison capacity supporting the local PMR, SWRMC, or their Installing Agents (IA) with the
installation of maintenance and/or modernization alterations, during scheduled ship CNO availabilities.
• Perform ship checks to support LCS Planning Yard design development, as required.
Ship checks will require climbing.
• Generate 2D AutoCAD design for ship alterations, as required.
• Investigate emergent waterfront issues and interface directly with the waterfront community and ship's force.
• Corrective maintenance work item development, as required.
• High school diploma/GED required.
• Associates/Bachelors in technical field preferred.
• Good computer skills (e.g., proficiency with Microsoft Office tools) required.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance required.
1st Class Designer - Minimum of seven (7) years marine design or technically related design experience OR Technically related Bachelors/Associates with five (5) years marine design or technically related experience.
• Proficiency in producing original work of a creative/innovative nature, complex problem solving, and the review/check of another employee's work required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a professional manner required.
• Self-motivation and ability to prioritize competing assignments required.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow technical procedures, standards and work instructions required.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
• Experience in reading and interpreting Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs) preferred.
• Knowledge of Planning Yard procedures preferred.
• Knowledge of LCS Class ships and shipboard systems preferred.