Administer the current labor agreement for the assigned trade(s) to include: interacting with trade stewards, issuing discipline, coordinating loan agreements, administering the Return to Work process, training, and hearing/resolving grievances and low level contract issues.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate personnel moves, loans, transfers, and layoffs for all trades on assigned shifts.
• Manage and issue discipline to mechanics in accordance with the labor agreement.
• Work with management to assign resources and resolve craft orientated deckplate problems.
• Provide guidance in determining trade preferred practices.
• Ensure trade practices are administered in accordance with the current labor agreement.
• Administrative support for all trades on assigned shifts.
• Supervise and manage assigned Craft Administration clerks.
High School Diploma/GED
Graduate Apprentice preferred
• Familiarity with BIW and Local S6 Labor Contract
• Basic knowledge of the shipbuilding process
• Strong Computer Skills, including experience with the following software: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; PeopleSoft (personnel management); TAS (time accounting); JIRA (issue tracking / workflow management)
• Proven ability to effectively use, manage, and interpret data.
• Excellent administrative skills, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving/decision making.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to set priorities and plan assignments.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Flexibility in assignment and work schedule. Will require work beyond core hours, on occasion.