• Assist in the administration of the collective bargaining agreements
• Develop and implement consistent policies and resolutions in association with existing labor agreements
• Conduct research, provide advisory opinions and assist in planning and implementation of overall Labor Relations/Human Resources strategy
• Take proactive approach to resolve potential/current issues
• Support and manage investigation processes
• Conduct internal audits and investigations
• Prepare/conduct training and communication sessions
• Support relationship building between management and unions
• Assist in preparation of arbitration cases
• Support negotiation processes
• Represent management in the grievance process
• Draft and review grievance answers
• Provide LR contract interpretation and administration support for management and workforce on the deck-plates
• Be visible on the deckplates in all areas of the yard to provide support, communication and greater LR identity
• Create and provide reliable metrics for upper management review
Training in collective bargaining, grievance handling, conflict resolution and communications preferred.
LR Specialist II, III - C or D Levels
• Bachelors degree in Business with a focus on Labor Relations/Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Senior LR Specialist - E Level
• BS in Labor Relations/Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience require.
• Advanced training or certifications preferred
• Direct experience negotiating terms and conditions of employment required.
• Training in collective bargaining, grievance handling, conflict resolution and communications required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, organize and analyze case and negotiation data required.
LR Specialist II - C Level
• 2-5 years Labor Relations experience required.
LR Specialist III - D Level
• 5 years Labor Relations experience required.
Sr LR Specialist - E Level
• 7 years Labor Relations experience required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Proven ability to work with all levels of a company
• Ability to manage and deal with conflict and stressful situations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and computer-based software
• Experience in quantitative and statistical analysis and data management
• Proven ability as a team player and team leader within a company