- Responsible for leading all D87 second shift Design Supervisors and their crews of Designers.
- Reports to the Director of Design and works closely with department resource managers to ensure work performed on second shift meets all quality, cost and schedule requirements.
• D87 POC for any department wide issues on second shift.
• Work directly with the Discipline Managers as their representative on second shift.
• Responsible for performance to schedule, budget and quality for all shipbuilder and LYS work assigned to second shift.
• Consistently looks ahead to head off problems before they become large problems.
• Performance evaluations, statusing and progressing work, hiring, honoring labor contracts and TAS verification
BS degree preferred with a minimum of 12 years job related experience required; or minimum of 15 years job related experience required
- Ten years of demonstrated experience with managing/supervising a team of
employees that produce a complex technical product required
- Project management with a strong focus on "Earned Value Management"
- Five years demonstrated experience working in a 3-D CAD environment
- Demonstrated ability to review and understand CAD Models and drawings
across multiple disciplines preferred
- Knowledge of primary CAD design process in Class Design preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills with focus on Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to develop accurate technical reports and give formal presentations in
public forums for senior leadership as well as Navy points of contact
- Experience administering the BMDA contract
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of management
- Conflict resolution and organizational skills
- Willingness and desire to support continuous improvement efforts