Responsible for preparation, verification, and distribution of accurate and timely planning, budgeting, and reporting, products, in accordance with department managers in implementation of policy.
Develop and maintain schedules for BIW Engineering and Design work.
Produce metrics and perform analytical work using Microsoft Office products, Project Management and Earned Value Management software to aid BIW's functional organizations in the successful execution of large marine engineering contracts. Work effectively with other support organizations to ensure plans are properly integrated with all support functions. Effectively communicate analysis of performance with functional organizations and, if required, make well-reasoned and actionable recommendations.
•Develop Master Schedules and CDRLs for assigned area.
•Develop Master Planning strategies for use by other departments.
•Assist in development of Milestone Schedules.
•Assist in development of Capacity analysis.
•Develop data, charts, and metrics supporting ad hoc analysis and routine reporting.
•Resolve planning problems identified by appropriate Planning Personnel and Functional (Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, etc.) Supervision.
•Coordinate with other Functional and Planning organizations.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Naval Architecture required
• Blue print reading.
• Manufacturing Standards.
• MACPAC (or equivalent MRP system).
• Stage of Construction breakdown and philosophy.
• Basic Build Strategy Concepts.
• Planning processes.
• Earned Value Management.
• Six Sigma Methodologies..
• Bill of Material analysis.
• Development of detailed plans and schedules.
• Build Strategy application during the planning process.
• Correction of technical conflicts between Engineering, Materials, and Production.
• With supervision, assess impact of late material, schedule changes, and manpower requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Information Technology: Visual Basic, MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Project Management software
• Interpersonal working relationships, with emphasis on cooperation and teamwork.