The successful candidate will manage daily operations of warehouse operations, which include incoming/outgoing freight, receipt, storage, transfer, and distribution of all material in the inventory system to manufacturing whether Purchased material or Fabricated components.
- Strategically manage warehouse functions in compliance with operational and personnel policies and procedures as well as company vision.
- Responsible to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy
- Oversee Warehouse supervisory team responsible for managing multiple trade disciplines such as Material Handlers, Heavy Equipment Operators, Preservation Technicians, Administrative Technicians, and Planning Technicians at several offsite warehouse facilities.
- Responsible to manage daily facility workload planning including staff as well as equipment and space needs
- Responsible for maintaining tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehousing facilities
- Implementation and monitoring of environmental and safety procedures.
- Embrace continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain capable warehouse staff by hiring qualified personal, coaching, counseling, and conducting effective job appraisals
BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Experience in Warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvements initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators KPI’s
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean methodology.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials shipping and storage practices.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.