The purpose of the Senior Information Security Analyst role is to protect Bath Iron Works (BIW) computer systems and data from intrusions or unexpected exposure due to any act of negligence or malicious intent. Primary responsibilities include analyzing BIW's email, computer and network intrusion detection systems in order to identify or anticipate computer security incidents. This position is part of a team at BIW that is responsible for computer and information security.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Monitoring computer and network security systems to identify potential issues.
• Assisting with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
• Performing and documenting computer security incident response activities.
• Participating in special projects as required.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Industry certifications (CISSP, GCIH, CEH) a plus.
• Minimum three (3) years experience working in IT/IT security required.
• Experience working with information security systems such as firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
• Computer incident investigation and response.
• Must be able to attain a SECRET clearance