• Prepares metal and non-metallic surfaces for paint and coatings
• Cleans/abrades surfaces to remove coatings, scale, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt to a specified finish using hand and power tools
• Applies paint by brush or roller, apply industrial/marine coating, ultra high solids epoxy, conventional spraying, airless methods, and plural component spray
• Cleans ships, piers, or dry-dock using brooms, shovels, or vacuums
• Collects and removes debris or unneeded trash to dumpsters
• Masks and protects surfaces and equipment from spray painting
A physical job task analysis is available at the time of interview.
High School Diploma/GED required
Minimum of 1 year of experience in airless or conventional spray or metal surface prep experience required.
Pneumatic or electrical tool usage required.
Must be able to meet the requirements of the Physical Task Analysis