The Mobility Architect will assist with the development of, and provide leadership for, the implementation of the GD BIW mobile device strategy. As an architect this individual will be part of the larger system architecture team addressing all enterprise needs.
Mobility Architecture responsibilities:
• Develop and implement the GDBIW mobile strategy and road map.
• Identification and evaluation of potential new mobile applications; including working directly with mobile app developers to create B2B versions for BIW use.
• Work with internal customers to identify new business use cases for existing and potential mobile applications.
• Management of the various mobile device management consoles such as AirWatch and Apple (DEP & VPP).
• Analyze Verizon statements and reports.
• Participate in the testing of SharePoint based intranet content on mobile devices.
• Coordinate with GDBIW internal IT security team to ensure all required security policies are met.
• Assist with tier 2 & 3 mobility support as needed.
General IT System Architecture responsibilities:
• Engage in IT Architecture research, discussions and review board meetings (approvals) for all IT applications.
• Attend project meetings as the Architecture team representative.
Skills should include, but are not limited to:
• Strong technical skills (hardware, software, security, networks, infrastructure, telecommunications, etc.).
• Ability to conceptualize technological and business solutions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of corporate mobile device management (MDM) solutions with a preference for AirWatch operational oversight experience.
• Understanding of mobile operating systems with a preference for iOS.
• Extensive knowledge of mobile hardware with a preference for Apple solutions.
• Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve basic to complex technical issues.
• BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
• MDM training (AirWatch preferred) is a plus
• Prior System Architecture experience is preferred
• Minimum of 2 years applied IT experience with a focus on mobile technology
• Minimum of 1 year architecture experience preferred