As a member of the Trade Planning team, the candidate will contribute to the development of the Build Strategy and Production Bill of Material for new construction ships. Successful candidates will be expected to work collaboratively with production personnel, designers, engineers, and other planners to develop integrated production plans. Job tasks include contributing to the development and implementation of build strategies, as well as incorporation of engineering change.
Candidate will be expected to effectively manage the execution of planning tasks in accordance with program cost and schedule targets.
Other planning functions the candidate may be asked to perform include:
•Development of Engineering and/or Construction schedules
•Providing direct Production Control support onboard ships or in the shops
•Development of metrics, reports, and/or charts
Job will principally occur within an office environment, with occasional trips into the shipyard and/or onboard ships.
High School Graduate or equivalent with minimum of (2-3) years of work experience in shipyard or other construction environment; or Bachelor's degree in technical field required.
• Blue print reading.
• Manufacturing Standards.
• MACPAC (or equivalent MRP system).
• Stage of Construction breakdown and philosophy.
• Basic Build Strategy Concepts.
• Planning processes.
• Earned Value Management.
• Six Sigma Methodologies.
• Bill of Material analysis.
• Development of detailed plans and schedules.
• Build Strategy application during the planning process.
• Correction of technical conflicts between Engineering, Materials, and Production.
• With supervision, assess impact of late material, schedule changes, and manpower requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Information Technology: Visual Basic, MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Project Management software
• Interpersonal working relationships, with emphasis on cooperation and teamwork.