Detailed Description of Work:
• 3 Supervisors: 1st Shift Electrical, 2nd shift Hull Outfit, & 2nd shift Piping/Mechanical.
• DDG Electrical and Machinery (Piping/HVAC/Mechanical) Team Supervisor responsible for the development of Discipline Design models and drawings.
• Coordinate work with Planning and Production counterparts as required. • Supervise designers in the execution of tasks. Provide guidance and direction across the Team for Process and Technical issues
• Ensure that tasks are completed to established schedules and budget
• Work with the Manager to evaluate workload requirements
• Report progress and status at various manager level meetings and Departmental White Boards
• Provide project analysis on cost, schedule using EVMS principles, i.e. CPI, SPI
• Ensure tasks are completed with the required level of quality specified in the contract
• Responsible for the development of assigned personnel. Develop employee performance evaluations
• Administer the BIW/BMDA contract
BS or AS degree in a Design/engineering related field with 3 years experience in a Design/ Engineering related field,
or a graduate of BIW's Apprenticeship Program with 3 years experience in a marine Engineering/Design/Manufacturing related field; or a minimum of 7 years experience in a marine Engineering/Design/Manufacturing related field required.
Solid understanding of shipbuilding fabrication and installation process preferred.
• Proficient computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office suite, required
• Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures, standards and work instructions required
• Innovative Leadership qualities, problem solving capabilities, and a strong passion for employee development required
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple priorities required
• Strong written and oral communication skills required
• Demonstrated leadership experience, with increasing responsibilities that reflect a strong ability to work in a teaming environment required
Strong people skills and leadership qualities required.